Eligible for federal and regional solar incentives
Solar cogeneration systems are eligible for federal, state and local incentives. Cogenra’s solar arrays are eligible for both solar electric and solar hot water incentives.
By offering solar cooling, heating and electricity solar cogeneration enables customers to take full advantage of federal, state and local solar programs.
- The federal investment tax credit (ITC) covers 30% of the installed system cost.
- Federal rules allow a five-year accelerated depreciation for solar property.
- In California, a rebate of up to $500,000 is available for solar hot water systems. The California Solar Initiative – Thermal is also expected to announce a solar cooling incentive soon.
- In Arizona, TEP, SRP and APS are currently offering incentives for solar heating and cooling.
- Local time-of-use tariffs and utility energy efficiency programs also improve payback.
Cumulative federal and regional incentives can offset more than 50 percent of the total installed cost of a solar cogeneration system.
For a complete list of up-to-date state, local and utility incentives and policies, visit the Database of State Incentives for Renewable Energy.